Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'm In Colorado

I had some time this morning so I thought I should be a good blogger and post something. I'm currently sitting in my room watching the Tour with my roomie in Copper Mountain, CO. It's GORGEOUS here! We've had a couple storms roll in since we got here (so the trails are perfect), but for the most part it's been sunny and a little cold - which I'm stoked about.

Some highlights so far:

- I pretty much have the best temporary job ever: handing 2009 bikes out to dealers from around the world. This week has been all international dealers, the domestic dealers start arriving today. Lycra-ogling opportunities are endless.

-Because of the international group, I've had plenty of opportunities to butcher other languages (French, Spanish, and a little Portuguese so far). I enjoy that. If I'm here next year I'm going to study up!

-I got to see my South African semi-stalker again. I met him at this event last year. He came through my work a couple times about six months ago when he was in town. He tracked me down again this year. Weird.

-I met someone from Ogden this morning and got myself a FREE place to stay for my race! Score! Bike people rock!

-Lot's of drinking. And dancing. I'm sore.

-I started getting a little competitive with one of my friends who used to swim, and somehow it blew up into a swim meet. Right now it looks like about 10 people. Five events (100 fly, 100 back, 100 breast, 100 free, 100 IM), omnium style, lowest score is dropped. Tuesday at 6 pm. I'm going to get my ass kicked.

-On Thursday someone threw a water bottle and it hit me in the face. Later that night in a bar someone's shoe flew off and hit me in the face. Not a good day for my face.

Today I'm hoping to log some time in the dirt, maybe run or swim, and I think I have a road ride in the evening. Somehow my days off get busy quickly!

I'll get some pictures posted when I get them uploaded/from other people.

Later!

No comments: