I am happily amazed at how different the arrival of 2011 was than that of 2010. The start of last year brought months of tears, feelings of betrayal, and a terrifying bout of unemployment before it all turned around in April. This year, despite a head cold I picked up while visiting family in Minnesota, I rang in the new year feeling loved, content, and confident in myself and my loved ones. Oh, and asleep, but that's neither here nor there.
Apparently I didn't make any goals for 2010, but I'd like to write something down for 2011. Here goes:
1. Take steps to improve my resume. Specifically, look into and start down the path of APICS Certification and/or a business degree.
2. Do a better job of sticking to my training plans. I have an awesome coach, and I have been guilty of failing to follow her plan 100%. I saw significant gains in my racing in 2010, and I believe I can do better in 2011.
3. Race in Spain in April. I don't care if I race well or not, I would just like to enjoy the experience.
4. Take a minimum of 5 minutes off my race time at all XTERRAs I race this year. For Nationals, I want to take off 15 min. I'd also like to qualify for XTERRA Worlds, if possible.
5. Yoga. Lots of yoga.
6. Pay off debt. Have at least one bill wiped out by June.
None of these goals are outside the realm of what I'm already doing, I just want to be sure I continue down the path I've started.
All the best in 2011!
I love summer!!!
9 years ago